Scanner Photography


Scanner Photography: "Idle hands are the devils workshop" is the old adage. Well I took a day off from work the other day to get some chores done. I completed my chores early and last one was clean out my car. I recently changed jobs at work and had moved my office which had an old scanner of mine in it. My new position at work is rather transient so I decided not to hook up my old scanner. So it was on the back seat of my car for the last couple of weeks. As I unloaded it I asked myself "what am going to do with this?" My mind wandered a bit and I thought I would play around with it. I first just hooked it up in my workshop and leaned over it at a about a 3 inch distance. I was surprised how clear it came out. I was expecting / hoping for some kind of obscure distortion. I began working with angles and lights. As you can see from the above shot I installed two work lights on both sides after I rigged a way to keep the scanner vertical. This was fun! I found that the light worked good. Keeping my face about 6 inches from the scanner face I played around with poses and ended up with an Edvard Munch 'The Scream' kind of pose. I did not mess with photoshop with this project. . .Although , . .there are things that would be fun.

Comments

Popular Posts