Cape May. . .Again?

Jelly Fish
We went to Cape May again to say ‘bub-bye’ to the Summer. It was hot and beautiful. We had trouble getting a room because there were 36 weddings , an Irish Festival and a Hot Rod car show all happening down there this weekend. It was a perfect storm for alcohol consumption.
Beach
I love the beach at dusk.  Most of the amateur beach patrons have left to rinse the sand off the kiddies before cocktail hour. What’s left are the angry poets and philosophers posing unanswered questions to the surf or mentally unstable water dwellers that don’t possess a healthy fear of riptides.
Metal det2
Everybody has to figure out how the beach best fits into what makes them the happiest. 
There were fireworks on the beach at night right by our motel. . .In our honor. . Ok, maybe not, but there were fireworks .
FW2
The palm trees you see are not indigenous to New Jersey. In fact they’re not even real palm trees. They’re made of aluminum.  I presented the case to my wife how nice it would be to have a couple aluminum palm trees in our yard. I stressed how it would put to shame other neighbors with the plastic pink flamingos. She was having none of it. She lacks vision sometimes.  
FW3
I was enjoying trying to capture the pyrotechnics with my camera so I will leave you with one more.
FW1

Comments

Popular Posts