Rainy Sunday Meanderings

The chores are done and now it’s a rainy Sunday. I decided to play in my workshop. I have read that photography is a study in light and the more years I play with a camera the more that rings true. I had some vague images of light bulbs, lenses and reflections swimming in the shallow end of my brain but, I really didn’t have a clear objective as I began. I sallied forth .
CameraWine
I’ve had a thing for light bulbs lately. I played with one on a past rainy Sunday project so I slipped it into this project as well. It’s tricky to get a light bulb to light when it isn’t screwed into a socket but I have had enough electrical training to pull off that stunt without any serious fire damage to my house. I put the camera in there for a couple of reasons, one is I’ve always loved the look of a camera. To me they’re works of art. Now with the technology shifting to digital the old 35mm film SLR’s are getting that funky ‘steampunk’ look to them. The second reason for the camera is the lens was doing some wild things with the reflection of my ring flash.. ..and the glass of wine. .well a glass of red wine has the curves of a woman and the color of a rose.
Lens
I really couldn’t get enough of those reflections. This is the lens of an old Kodak Retina that I have.
Light Bulb 
A little light bulb infusion.

MACRO-mania.
I dusted off the macro lens and played around a little.
Beads3
I love the macro lens. . .I gotta find an ugly insect. These beads were tiny.
Beadfinger

Comments

Popular Posts