I'm Published! Wahooo!

My talented cousin Carolyn J. Rose is an author of many great books. A while ago she approached me about doing the cover art of one of her new books. I jumped at the chance figuring it would be challenging, educational and most of all fun. It was all three.
The book takes place in the 60's and is about the journey of a young broken hearted woman who is dealing with the loss of her sweetheart a Marine M.I.A. in Vietnam. Without giving a spoiler I'll just say it's a great read.

I enjoyed the whole creative process. Concepts were conceived, tried, discarded or metamorphosed into the final image.
The kindle version is out now and the book is going to print.

     The mountains (and cliff) are the Catskills which was taken on a hike last year up Huckleberry Ridge which I posted about here. The rose was stolen from my neighbor Stephanie's garden (thanks for not pressing charges Stef.) and the dog tags were my fathers from WWII.
This was a blast and I look forward to doing more!
_________________________________________________________________________________

Comments

Carolyn J. Rose said…
Dorion - you left out "frustrating." When I changed the whole idea in midstream, I was glad I was 3,000 miles away and there was a time difference.
But you're a trooper and I can't wait to see what you come up with for the mystery I hope to have out at the end of the year, No Substitute for Murder.
Dorion Rose said…
Thanks boss, I'm ready.

Popular Posts