NYC for Lion King

We went down to the city to see Lion King at the Minskoff Theatre on Broadway. I love Manhattan. 

This was my favorite shot of the day. This young man was assigned the task of shooting soap bubbles all day. On the street was a vendor selling these 'bubble guns'. I did a BW/color mix to bring out the bubbles.



 Time square was hopping (Memorial day weekend and Fleet week) This huge video billboard was getting a lot of attention so I made my way over and.. . .
the model in the video was there and posing for photos with the people. Excellent.
Post Note: Her name is Sabina Kelley

TIME SQUARE
"The Fantastic Level and the Realistic Level are the two levels upon which we live."
Richard Burton (T. Lawrence Shannon) in 'Night of the Iguana' 



We made our way to the Minskoff and I was told numerous times while entering that picture taking was punishable by death inside the theater. "If you use your camera the actors themselves will descend from the stage and beat you with their fake giraffe leg stilt."   
Ok, I got it.

The show was great and left us singing Hakuna Matata
all the way home on the train.
Rhinecliff Train Station
Gratuitous train window reflection self portrait.  

Comments

Popular Posts