Drum Warrior, New Book Cover

My Cousin Carolyn Rose and her husband Mike Nettleton Collaborated on this new novel "Drum Warrior." 
           This book edges into a new genre for me and proved to be a lot of fun to work a cover design.
You can read all about the book and buy it on Amazon.
Click Amazon Below.



Since the setting of the book was in the underworld of Humbug Mountain I wanted a cave-like effect.
I used a picture of a friends bluestone steps in his backyard as a backdrop and without giving away a spoiler, white drumsticks played an interesting role in the story. 
I also learned a new process to 'ignite' the title in flame which was excellent.




I find that with every cover I am using more layers in Photoshop to create the final image. This requires me to become more organised with the general image housekeeping of a project. If I slow down and do things methodically rather than rush into a direction without leaving breadcrumbs to find my way back, I end up saving time and frustration at the outcome.  The cuss-jar doesn't fill quite as fast either.  




As always, Carolyn was a pleasure to work with and this was the first time I had the honor of working with her husband Mike. They both kept it real and took my wise-assery with a grain of salt. We live on different Coasts with many miles between us, but we make it work and have some fun.



Comments

Popular Posts