Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum


 We went to the 

Naval Air Station Wildwood Aviation Museum


I like looking at old planes. I'm not sure why. I guess I love the aerodynamic lines and the craftsmanship.  

This was the OH-13 Sioux Helicopter, which gained popularity from M.A.S.H.
I ran up to it like Alan Alda, with the theme running through my head. 
It was an odd moment. 
I loved the old cockpits. Steam punk.  


This is the AH1-Cobra. It was pretty mean looking. If you drove one of these to prom night I imagine you would do alright for yourself. *wink*. 

The Cockpit of the Cobra. I sat inside it and it was small, intimate, scary. .claustrophobic. 
I couldn't find the turn signal lever, let alone the dimmer switch.  

Old and new planes. This place was pretty nice. They let you run around and climb on the aircraft. 
It was good for the kids, and me. . but I repeat myself.

F16 - aerodynamics

The lines of the F16 were incredible. 

It was built for speed. Goose! Eject!


The MiG-15. The Soviet Unions rascal of sky that caused the U.S. some concern during the Korean War.

More Steam Punk. 

and Cockpits

The TBM Avenger 

I swear, I'm going to stop by Radio Shack and buy some toggle switches and gauges for my Nissan Altima.  

This was the Cockpit of USCG Coast Rescue helicopter. . Thankfully, I didn't have to see the inside of one these when I was in the USCG

Me, being a knuckhead.

Comments

Popular Posts