Glass Blowing - Stone Harbor N.J.



My wife and I went to Stone Harbor N.J. for a wine and cheese festival. There were local wines and some local cheeses (go figure) but what really caught my attention was a glass blowing exhibit/demonstration. We caught it at the perfect time when the conception and birth of little blue glass pitcher was about to take place.

It reminded me of a previous post I did in 2007 about glass blowers in Italy.   

 
It was put on by the WheatonArts and Cultural Center.



The process started with a little glob of blue glass.


Different color glass was added.


The glass was expanded by the breath of the artist.


Glass for the base was formed. . .

  
and added to the pitcher.


the pitcher was reversed and formed.



A handle was added .. .


and formed.


A beautiful glass pitcher was born.

Comments

Popular Posts