Buddy


This is my mother's dog 'Buddy'. He's a beautiful Sheppard with striking blue eyes. Now here's the strange part. This photo was taken with a fifty dollar AIPTEK Mega Cam. It's a small web cam / digital camera. Although it was daytime and we were indoors, the little camera doesn't have a flash. But I was clicking away trying out my little toy. When I got home and downloaded the images I was pleased to find this one. I opened it in adobe and cleaned it up a little (not much.) I like the one blue eye and I think the overpowering darkness gives it a 'mood.' I had an art instructor in college . One of his lessons was on 'happy accidents' that happen while creating. For instance, if you were doing a water color and slipped with the water on one section and at first you think you just destroyed the work but then realize that the abundance of water produced a desired effect. .,that's a 'happy accident'. I think a majority of my better photos are the result of 'happy accidents.' My goal is to get more control with the camera so that the majority of my work is skill related . I'll enjoy the 'happy accidents' as they happen; but , I don't want to rely on them for results.

Comments

Popular Posts